Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Second eye complete..

Well second eye complete and i can see!
Not sure if people want to know the exact process – but in really simple/brief form - the eye is given a local anaesthetic (via drops) – so your eye is complete numb.. the front layer of the eye is removed and the eye is then lasered/japped (and yes you can smell the burning briefly)..
I didn’t find the whole experience that painful, not at all what I expected. One feels out of sorts that evening, but the next day the sight is improving..
I was back the following morning for a check-up and again two days later. I’m really happy with the surgeon I went to – I think that is really important..
Got loads of drops now to put in for the next few weeks but all in all – would recommend it .. its great being able to watch tv, drive etc. without glasses! ;)

4 Comments:

Blogger Cavs said...

That's cool about not having to wear the glasses! Cos I thought you were going to continue wearing them but with both lenses popped out.. :-)

12:19 p.m.  
Blogger Connie said...

;)
well was going to, but then thought i might embarrass myself ;) ;)

2:32 p.m.  
Blogger Amadan Ban said...

Great news! You must be thrilled. Wow, never even thought of the fact that lasering the eye would cause a burning smell.

12:01 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

What I want to know is how do they manage to train the sharks to point the laser beams in the right direction?

12:52 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home